Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree


A cute little project I made with the kids is the little Christmas tree hanging tree 🌲


Cut out 6 triangles

I've used pinking shears to give it a bit of a leafy look. 

I've also cut out a star for the top and a strip of ribbon. Make that a good 2 inches longer to tuck away when you see it all together. 




Sew a ¼ inch along all the sides joining the triangles in pairs. 


Now layer the 3 pairs of triangles with the ribbon sandwiched between them giving you the hanging loop at one of the peaks. 

Your triangles might have an obvious top peak, mine have equal sides. 


 
Sew a straight line through the centre of the bottom of the tree to the top peak where the loop will be sewn in secured. 

As I approached the top, I decided to add the stars, I did plan on gluing them on 


Voila. 


Here are larger ones I made. If you leave a gap at the bottom and sew along the bottom a teeny bit toward the centre, after you've sewn up the middle, tuck some stuffing into the tree and ladder stitch the bottom closed. 

Add twinkles and gems. 



Abi x 







Comments

Popular Posts