A Cute Little Bag to Make as a Christmas Gift

Today's project is a little handbag, to hold the essentials needed when Christmas shopping.

Ok, lets measure out some fabric 
You need 2 pieces at 28cm by 33cm.
Facing (this is a hidden piece of fabric that will add strength to your bag opening) at 5cm by 33 cm
Bag Strap 50cm by 8 cm
Loop for button   20cm by 1 cm 



I'm making a box bag. That means, the bag will have a floor/base so that the bag can stand on its own.  Cut a 1.5 inch square off 2 corners.

You now shape your bag at this point. I want an angled bag, so place the 2 large pieces together and draw a line from the end of the fabric where I have just cut the 'base corners' away, and angle up to the top of the bag, coming in about 2.5cm. Do the same on the other side of the bag.





An optional idea is to appliqué a design on the front of the bag.

I am lucky enough to own an embroidery machine (Brother PE-770 / 750E)




I apply adhesive spray to my fabric before I pin to the stabiliser in the hoop.








































Comments

Popular Posts