Sharpen your pinking shears


Pinking shears can be incredibly expensive next to regular shears and I've thrown so many away over the years when they've  lost their sharpness, having been told they can't be sharpened by various people. 

Well, today,  a fantastic lady on a forum let me know that actually, cutting into some foil will sharpen them back to grade a value.

I had a try and she was absolutely right!

I was so excited I had to share this with you all immediately. 

So, a cheap £7 pair of pinking shears from ikea lasted me a couple of weeks. I never got around to doing anything with them until now.  I haven't much to lose so I've had a go with these before I have a go at my valuable pair. 

I've cut a piece of A4 sized aluminium foil
 , which I folded over 2 times 


I'll start cutting into the foil with the shears and shred the foil
And cut into a sample of fabric to test



Wow! Money and time saved !!

Now to try the rotary blades I keep replacing...






Much more foil needed and eventually I got there. Brilliant !

Abi x

Comments

Popular Posts