Tools For Self Reliance

Tools For Self Reliance

www.tfsr.org are a wonderful charity, registered in 1980, whom I had the privilege to come across when I found I have a sewing machine that I cannot fix.  No one wants to repair it (the power board has blown) and the parts, if they are available, will far outweigh the cost of a new machine.

However, me being me, I don't want to have it on the landfill.  My father tinkered, watches and clocks mainly, in his later years, and this tinkering habit he passed onto me.  When I spent hours googling somewhere or someone who might help me, I came across TFSR, based in Southampton (UK).  They take any tools, including electrical sewing machines, and make time to repair to as good as new before shipping off in crates to relieve the poverty in Africa.




Trevor Jones is Didsbury's TFSR Chairman and is always happy to take on new volunteers.

For more details:

Tools for Self Reliance, Netley Marsh, Southampton SO40 7GY, UK
tel: (+44) 023 8086 9697 web: www.tfsr.org

Practical help for practical people

Comments

Popular Posts